Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'm fixing a hole where the rain gets in...

Yay! Girls have hobbies! I signed up for a photography class which started last week. I'm "Learning to Photograph." No, it's not digital, so until I get hold of a scanner you won't be able to see any of my pictures (I say that like people besides Anna read my blog...).

But on Sunday I went on a photography adventure. It was very Berkeley. I got Matt to drive me to the Berkeley marina and I was going to take pictures of the bridge and the bay, but it was kind of hazy. So as we're leaving, we notice a crowd of cars and people milling around the parking lot. That's a crowd of ... all the same car. Parked by color. Yes, we had stumbled upon a meeting of the Berkeley MR2 owners association. Parked by color. With barbeque. We went deep cover (I was wearing my sunglasses) and I managed to take some lovely pictures of identical yellow cars with their skirts up and the long line red cars.

So then we decide to celebrate by going to my favorite restaurant Cesar. But as we're walking there, we notice an event of some sort at Chez Panisse (its next door neighbor) -- the Asian women with ukileles tip us off. Turns out Chez Panisse is hosting a trunk sale of dosa designer clothes to benefit the Edible Schoolyard. And giving away free munchies and free wine to boot! So while I got to see Bobo Berkeley matrons in various states of undress trying on all this designer silk in a cordoned off dining room cum dressing room, Matt stayed entertained with his four glasses of wine. (And I got a lovely purple washed silk slip dress with turquoise pants, sort of Indian inspired.) And I saw Alice Waters! And I took a picture of the Chez Panisse kitchen!

Good day.

No comments: