Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Making Rome our new home

We made it!

After a very LONG transit time, Matt and I have finally arrived in Rome. Our apartment is SWEET and you all should definitely come visit and stay on our couch. We are right next to an awesome market - veg, fruit, fish, bread, meat, shoes - and very close to public transport. We went out and explored last night around the Pantheon - streets are quiet and empty, such a change from the summer months! My laborious description of the restaurant we visited can be found here on chowhound (I post under meels).

To prepare for our trip, I bought an ipod. If you buy an ipod from the apple website, you can engrave the back. :) Here's mine:



[it says, "not bothered by the screaming children." If you're at a loss, look back through my summer 2005 posts.]

One final note - and sorry I'm not so eloquent as last time but it's been a long week - we bought the coolest looking vegetable at the market today.

It's called Romanesco broccoli. And it's a fractal!

oh yeah, and sign up for skype - I'm on, find me!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Meels (et Matt), I'm so glad you're safe! Now all your faithful readers need are pictures of the apartment so that we can be properly jealous.

Also, I loved the chowhound post, but watch out, those other foodies are out for blood! Have you seen their comments about the correct Italian terminology for the food you're talking about?!? I wanted to say "Hello! Meels is IN Rome ... she can just copy the terms from the MENU!!!" Sigh.